Investors in Diversity
The Investors in Diversity Award is recognised as much more than just a highly prized and prestigious quality mark. It provides an all-encompassing methodology for improving Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) practices in the workplace. Those that achieve the Investors in Diversity Award have been enabled to take a structured and planned approach to embedding EDI at the heart of what they do. It also provides an excellent framework to bring together all of an organisation’s work around EDI.
Stage 1 – At this stage we carry out an effective Equality Impact Assessment across all 9 protected characteristics and more. It enables you to gain intelligence on what is going on in your organisation and provides you with rich, valuable data.
Stage 2 – Stage 1 is the foundation stage for Stage 2. This stage helps establish, consolidate and embed good EDI practices and behaviours across your organisation. It takes a hearts and minds approach.
Stage 3 – Leaders in Diversity – Stage 1 and Stage 2 are the foundation stages for Stage 3. At this stage we work closely with your organisation’s Senior Management Team to develop the embedding of EDI with a ‘top-down’ meets ‘bottom up’ method. This stage results in a highly prestigious award which places your organisation as one of the best on EDI practices.
- Reduction in the number of grievances
- Reduction in staff turnover
- Increased staff development
- Improved customer service and satisfaction
- Improved links between employee activities and strategic objectives
- Improvement in attitudes, behaviours and conduct
- Improved marketing approaches
- Increased market share
In terms of Investors in Diversity Stage 2 and Leaders in Diversity (Stage 3), we guarantee that if your organisation owns, leads and delivers on the Action Plan and if you follow the information, advice and guidance of your Advisor you will achieve one or more of the three outcomes below:
- Significant measurable improvement in terms of your EDI practices
- Transformation -if needed
- Complete culture change – if needed